SSPs with a Professional License

What is a specialized service provider?

A specialized service provider (SSP) is a licensed professional working with our students in one of the following positions:

  • Audiologist
  • Counselor
  • Nurse
  • Occupational therapist
  • Orientation and mobility specialist
  • Physical therapist
  • Psychologist
  • Social worker
  • Speech language pathologist

 Additional information can be found on the CDE website.


What is a professional SSP license? 

A professional license is provided by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) to SSPs who have completed the necessary requirements of an initial license within Colorado. For more information on SSP licensure, please visit the CDE website.


If I have a professional SSP license, how should I navigate this site?

  1. Review the Before You Start section of this website, including the new hire checklist.
  2. After you have started, review and complete the relevant items in the Your First 30 Days section.
  3. Finally, after your first month at DPS, review and complete the items in the Within Your First Year section
Return to Denver Public Schools