Teachers with a Professional License

What is a professional teaching license?

A professional license is provided by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) to teachers who have completed the necessary requirements of an initial or alternative license within Colorado. For more information on teacher licensure, please visit the CDE website.


If I have a professional license, how should I navigate this site?

  1. Review the Before You Start section of this website, including the new hire checklist.
  2. After you have started, review and complete the relevant items in the Your First 30 Days section.
  3. Finally, after your first month at DPS, review and complete the items in the Within Your First Year section.

If you have questions along the way, please reach out to newteachers@dpsk12.org.


Return to Denver Public Schools